Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 26, Tuesday, 17 July, Phillipsburg to Beloit

I missed a great photo opportunity today. When I asked for a short stack of pancakes with my omelet today, the waitress asked if I wanted the mini-stack.and I declined, she warned me that the regular cakes were big. She was correct. One cake filled a large oval plate. The short dimension was the size of a regular dinner plate.

We rode about 50 miles without seeing a gas station, C-store, or grocery story. We did see several grain elevators.

We saw the World's largest ball of twine in Cawker City.

We rode 88.42 miles at an average speed of 13.0 mph. My maximum speed was 28.7 mph.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in Beloit, but the only cycling I did there was from my home on North Campbell Street to school, and from the Beloit Daily Call (newspaper) office to my customers in the western eighth of the town. Oh, and from my home on West Main Street to work from 5 to 8 a.m. each morning before my Junior and Senior years in high school.

    I wish your blog would include more information about the actual route you are taking. It seems to me that U.S. 24 highway would have more traffic than I would be comfortable with. But there are few alternatives for the east-west direction other than the county's gravel roads.

    Keep the wind at your backs!
    Tom Kohn
    Dayton OH
    http://bike-commute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete