Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 51, Saturday, 13 July, Richmond to Yorktown

Here is a quick summary: unloaded, paceline, fast. Katie, one of my daughters, and Ken joined us for the last leg of our tour. I spend most of the day tucked in behind them in a paceline on Route 5. Katie is a monster and can pull @ 18-19 mph for a long time. The speed and familiarity of terrain limited the number of pictures a could or wanted to take. I recognize that we have some pretty scenery near Richmond.

We ended with lunch in Yorktown. Lisa drove down to pick us up and my Mom and Marge, one of my sisters, drove up to meet us. Marge made a sign to signal our success.

We rode 76.5 miles at an average speed of 15.4 mph. My maximum speed was 27.5 mph.


Katie, Edward, Louis, and Ken
Malu
Mom
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment